This isn't technically a cheesecake, but its cool, rich texture will remind you of one. Since it's made from nuts, fruit, and healthy fats and sweetened with natural sugars, it's the perfect nourishing treat for a special occasion. You'll need to make it ahead of time, since it needs to set in the freezer. Skill Level: Intermediate. Serving Size: 1/12th of pan.
- 2 cups pecans, toasted
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. hibiscus leaves, dried
- 2 cups cashews, toasted, unsalted, soaked for 2 hours, drained
- 5 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 banana, ripe or very ripe
- 2 oz. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, stems removed, halved
- Make the crust: In a food processor, combine pecans, coconut oil and vanilla extract and pulse until coarse.
- Remove pecan crust from processor and firmly press into a 9-inch spring form pan, allow crusting to go up about 1/8th of an inch on sides of pan.
- In a small sauce pot, add maple syrup and hibiscus leaves and bring to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, immediately turn the heat off and allow to steep.
- For the rest of the filling, add the cashews, coconut oil, banana, lemon juice, vanilla, and strawberries into the food processor. Add hibiscus-infused maple syrup and blend until smooth.
- Pour strawberry mixture on top of the pecan crust and place in freezer for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, bring cheesecake to room temperature for 20-30 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information: Provides antioxidant vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, and monounsaturated fatty acids. Gluten-free, dairy free.
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 34 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Added Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 5 mg