Sick of salad? Get your greens in a warm, comforting way. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: ~10-12 oz.
- 2 T. oil olive or avocado
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 4 whole garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ cup cooking sherry
- 4 cups water (or broth)
- 3 cups spinach
- ½ cup parsley
- sea salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium/medium-high heat. Add onions, carrots, and celery.
- Continue to saute until onions are translucent and beginning to soften, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add sherry and chopped garlic to the pan and stir for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Then add spinach and parsley and continue to cook and stir for a few more minutes, until greens are wilted. Add water or broth.
- Remove from heat. With an immersion blender (or in batches in a countertop blender) mix all ingredients together until smooth. Reheat to serving temperature on stovetop. Optional: add protein of choice.
Nutrition Information: Spinach is an excellent source of folate and vitamin K and even contains small amounts of iron. Gluten-free, dairy free, nut free. Calories: 110, Fat: 4.5g, Protein: 2g, Carbohydrates: 14g, Fiber: 3g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 125mg * Nutrition Information does not include optional additions.