The sweet potato enhances this hummus recipe by giving it a smooth and satisfying consistency. This hummus pairs well with sliced carrots, or your favorite cracker and can be used as a spread on sandwiches, wraps or even burgers! Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1/4 cup.
For the hummus:
- 1 each sweet potato medium
- 15 oz. chickpeas, canned drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 each limes juiced
- 2 cloves roasted garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and poke holes in a whole sweet potato.
- Put the sweet potato on a sheet pan and roast for 30-45 minutes, until soft through.
- Allow to cool and then peel.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix cashews with curry powder, salt and oil.
- Add to sheet pan and roast for 5 minutes.
- To a food processor add sweet potato, chickpeas, tahini, lime, garlic, salt and pepper.
- While blending, slowly stream in 1/3 cup oil until it reaches desired consistency.
- Check for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Scoop into bowl. Top with cashews, and enjoy!
Nutrition Information: This hummus contains healthy fats, small amounts of protein and carbohydrates. This recipe also provides some vitamin C from the lime juice and micronutrients to support heart health. Not only does the sweet potato provide additional fiber to the recipe, it is also a great source vitamin A to support gut health and our immunity! Calories: 200, Fat: 19g, Protein: 7g, Carbohydrates: 19g, Fiber: 4g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 290mg