This non-mayonnaise-based chicken salad goes great on salads, toast, or on its own. It also makes a delicious meal when plated with greens, vinaigrette, and your favorite fruit. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: ¾ cup.
- 1 lb. chicken breast meat, cooked
- 2 T. avocado oil
- 2 T. lemon juice, fresh
- 1 T. dried tarragon
- 3 Swiss chard leaves, julienned
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook chicken to preference (e.g., grilled, pan seared, baked) and allow to rest/cool. Chop, dice, or cube it to the size and shape of your preference.
- Once chicken is cool and chopped, combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Enjoy! Store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Nutrition Information: This chicken salad is a great alternative to the traditional mayonnaise-based varieties. Gluten-free, nut free, dairy free. Calories: 200, Fat: 9g, Protein: 28g, Carbohydrates: 4g, Fiber: 2g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 260mg