Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1 T.
- 2 cups Pumpkin seeds, raw, unsalted, toasted
- 1 cup Mixed herbs, packed (e.g., basil and parsley)
- ½ each Lemon, juiced
- 2 each Garlic cloves
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Black pepper, ground (add more if desired)
- 6 T. Extra virgin olive oil, separate (1T., 5T.)
- Toast pumpkin seeds in a dry sauté pan over medium low heat until just fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Some of the seeds may pop – make sure to keep your eye on these so they do no burn.
- Add pumpkin seeds, herbs, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper and 1 T. of olive oil to food processor. Turn on and puree until a paste form.
- While the food processor is on, slowly add/pour the additional 5 T. of olive oil to the mixture until just smooth and to desired texture.
- Season to taste. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information: Provides essential amino acids from the pumpkin seeds, vitamin E and magnesium. Gluten-free, dairy free, tree nut free. Calories: 10, Fat: 9g, Protein: 5g, Carbohydrates: 2g, Fiber: 1g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 20mg