Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1, 2-oz. patty.
- 1 lb ground turkey, 93% lean or greater
- 1 tsp. ground sage
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 medium green apples, peeled and shredded
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Use your hands to form the mixture into 8 equally-sized patties.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through. Patties should be cooked through and beginning to brown on the edges.
- Serve immediately or freeze for later use (up to one month).
- Enjoy on a bed of arugula, with an optional poached egg. This sausage makes an excellent breakfast!
Nutrition Information: Store-bought breakfast sausages are usually full of additives or sugars. Make your own instead! Once you master this recipe, you can experiment with different seasonings and optimize them to suit your own taste. Provides essential amino acids and an easy protein source every morning. Gluten-free, dairy free, nut free. *Calories: 140, Fat: 7g, Protein: 15g, Carbohydrates: 5g, Fiber: 1g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 340mg *Nutrition Information doesn't include egg or arugula.