Think hot chocolate, only more luxurious, with higher quality ingredients than what you can get from a grocery store. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 6-8 oz.
- 2 cups cashew cream or coconut milk, full fat
- ¼ cup cacao powder, dark chocolate variety
- 3 cups almond milk, or unsweetened milk of choice
- 2 T. raw honey, local if possible
- 1 vanilla bean pod (or 1 T. vanilla extract)
- Whisk all ingredients in a pan over the stovetop on medium heat.
- Once hot and all ingredients have melted and mixed thoroughly, remove from heat and serve.
Nutrition Information: Cacao provides antioxidants but a compound called theobromine that can be a natural pick-me-up. Gluten-free, dairy free. Calories: 160, Fat: 14g, Protein: 2g, Carbohydrates: 8g, Fiber: 1g, Added Sugar: 4g, Sodium: 75mg