This cookie is a satisfying treat for anyone with a desire to consume fewer animal products. Freezing leftovers is encouraged! Pairs well with dairy-free "nice cream" for a vegan ice cream sandwich. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1 cookie
- 21/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 T. lemon zest, fresh
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, virgin, melted
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients together until well combined.
- Slowly mix in the wet ingredients into the well of the dry ingredients until just combined. Avoid over blending.
- Shape 20 cookies and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-15 minutes until desired texture. Cool.
Nutrition Information: Nut free, dairy free. Calories: 190, Fat: 8g, Protein: 2g, Carbohydrates: 31g, Fiber: 1g, Added Sugar: 18g, Sodium: 65mg