Cacao is rich in antioxidants and amino acids that support dopamine and serotonin production. In essence, this tonic should make you happy. Gluten-free, dairy free (double check chocolate in case milk solids are present).Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe.
- 3 cups Almond milk Unsweetened
- 2 T. Honey Local, if possible
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Cacao powder Dark, if possible
- 1/8 tsp. Pink salt
- Add almond milk, honey and vanilla extract to a medium sized pot.
- Bring heat up to medium high. Whisk ingredients.
- Once the mixture has become warm, whisk in the cacao powder and salt.
- Whisk occasionally.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, immediately remove from heat and stir.
- Serve and enjoy!
- (Feel free to use maple syrup instead of honey. Also, you may add 2 oz. of a bittersweet dark chocolate to create a more chocolate flavor.)
Nutrition Information - Calories: 50, Fat: 2g, Protein: 1g, Carbohydrates: 10g, Fiber: 2g, Added Sugar: 7g, Sodium: 140mg