This no-cook recipe replaces tomatoes (traditionally used in gazpacho) with juicy, refreshing watermelon. It's absolutely perfect for hot summer days when you have access to in-season produce. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: ~10 oz.
- 6 cups watermelon, seedless, diced, separated
- 1 1/2 English cucumbers, diced (add more or less depending on preference)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 T. sherry wine vinegar, adjust to taste
- 1 1/2 Limes, freshly squeezed
- Add 4 cups of the watermelon to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Optional step: strain the pureed watermelon to remove larger chunks. This isn't necessary, but you may prefer it if you like a gazpacho with a thinner base.
- Dice the remaining watermelon and place in a large mixing bowl (you should have 2-3 cups worth of diced watermelon).
- Add watermelon puree to the diced watermelon; stir gently; then add in all the remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 60 minutes. Serve cold.
Nutrition Information: Watermelon is a great source of lycopene, vitamin C, and hydration. This gazpacho will last up two days in the fridge stored in a sealed container. Gluten-free, nut free, dairy free. Calories: 90, Fat: 0g, Protein: 1g, Carbohydrates: 23g, Fiber: 1g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 0mg