Skill Level: Intermediate. Serving Size: 2 falafel.
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- ½ large red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. coriander
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup almond flour
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Grease sheet pan with oil.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor, except baking soda and flour. Pulse until the ingredients are mixed.
- Add the baking powder and flour.
- Continue pulsing until the mixture forms a ball.
- Roll the falafel into large balls and then press into 12, ½ inch thick patties, place on baking sheet.
- Drizzle tops of falafel with olive oil. Bake 25-30 minutes, flip at the 15 minute mark. Enjoy!!
Nutrition Information: Falafel is a great vegetarian option for those that want to limit/monitor the amount of animal protein consumed. Gluten-free, dairy free.
- Calories: 130
- Fat: 8 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 650 mg