Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1 cup.
- 1 medium medium jicama bulb, chopped and peeled
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red cabbage, chopped
- 2 T. rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. red chili flakes (optional)
- Mix all ingredients into a large bowl. Stir well.
- Cover and allow slaw to marinate for at least 10 minutes prior to serving. Serve as a side to your favorite protein, or use it to top tacos, sandwiches, or salads.
Nutrition Information: Red cabbage is high in anthocyanin, a type of antioxidant that helps neutralize toxins in the body. Gluten-free, dairy free, nut free. Calories: 60, Fat: 0g, Protein: 2g, Carbohydrates: 13g, Fiber: 6g, Added Sugar: 0g, Sodium: 120mg